THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES ARE USED TO OPT OUT FROM DND FOR THE VARIOUS NETWORKS
For MTN Lines: Text STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text ALLOW to 2442.
For AIRTEL lines: Text STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text OUT to 2442.
For GLO Lines: Text STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text CANCEL to 2442.
For ETISALAT Lines: Text STOP to 2442 and after 5 Minutes Text START to 2442.
It is no longer news that the ‘Do Not Disturb’ (DND) Service is here to stay. This means that if you are currently on DND, you will not be receiving third-party SMS. While this is a very welcome development due to the abuse of the third-party bulk SMS services, it also has its down-side.
When your phone number is on DND, you will no longer receive notification from all of your services that sends notification SMS using third-party SMS services. This include but not limited to the following:
- SMS notifications as regards job invites as most recruiters make use of bulksms service to dispense job notification to candidates
- Examination PINs purchased online (eg WAEC, NECO, etc)
- Electricity PINs from the third-parties that sell on behalf of the Electricity Distribution Companies
- Transaction update of online purchases (eg Jumia, Konga, etc)
- Updates from your school or that of your children
- Notification and update from your religious organization and societies
- Community alerts from Governments Health Centres and NGOs
If you would like to continue receive as regard any of the reasons atated above, you will need to unsubscribe from the DND by following the steps earlier described at the beginning of the article for the different networks
After the procedure and you are still not receiving third-party SMS, please contact the customer care for the network you use